This Morning’s Bulletin — 10.30.18
• We’re expecting patchy frost before 10 a.m. today but otherwise it will be sunny, with a high near 60 degrees and wind chill values between 25 and 35 early. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 55. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 64. We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm on Friday, with a high near 66 degrees.
• The Hampton Bays High School auditorium was packed to the gills, with an overflow crowd watching on television in the cafeteria, as the two candidates for Congress in our First Congressional District faced off in their only free and public East End debate Monday night. Our full coverage is online here.
• You don’t need to have seen playwright Ken Ludwig’s “Lend Me A Tenor” in order to thoroughly enjoy his recent “A Comedy of Tenors,” which continues for the second of three weekends tomorrow at the Hampton Theatre Company in Quogue. Our review is online here.
• The East Hampton Healthcare Foundation will hold a free Community Health Fair this Friday, Nov. 2 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. All are welcome. More details are online here.
• The Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill will host a screening of the documentary “This Changes Everything,” seven portraits of communities on the front lines of climate change, Friday evening, Nov. 2 at 6 p.m. More details are online here. [$15]
• Custer Institute Observatory in Southold holds its annual Jamboree, this year titled StarFest 2018, this weekend, with observing through their telescopes on Main Bayview Road and a full day of programs Saturday at the Southold Town Recreation Center. More details are online here. [$20-$30]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:34 a.m., 2:57 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:42 a.m., 2:05 p.m.
Greenport: 3:11 a.m., 3:34 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:08 a.m., 4:25 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:06 a.m., 3:29 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:33 a.m., 4:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:40 a.m., 5:03 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:48 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:10 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:38 a.m., 4:06 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:46 a.m., 3:14 p.m.
Greenport: 4:15 a.m., 4:43 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:10 a.m., 5:30 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:10 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:37 a.m., 6:05 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:44 a.m., 6:12 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:51 a.m., 3:05 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1 a.m., 1:14 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.