• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 43 degrees but wind chill values between 20 and 30, with a light west wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 33 and a southwest wind 9 to 17 miles per hour. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 49, and Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 52.
• While East Hampton Town faces down seven different lawsuits and legal proceedings challenging its right to control its municipally-owned airport, the town laid out a new path forward last week in its attempt to curb airport traffic. Read More.
• The progress toward the completion of the South Fork Wind Farm reached a milestone this past week with the arrival of a lift barge off of Beach Lane in Wainscott, which will be used to drill under the seabed to connect the export cable from the offshore wind farm to an onshore cable. Read More.
• Turkey Trots are back in Mattituck and Montauk on Thursday morning — the Mattituck-Cutchogue Turkey Trot to benefit the high school Senior Scholarship Fund starts at 9 a.m. (register online here or beginning 7:30 a.m. Thursday at Mattituck Junior/Senior High School). Montauk’s 46th Annual Turkey Run for Fun, which benefits the Montauk, East Hampton and Springs Food Pantries and Meals on Wheels, begins at 10 a.m. Bib pickup begins at 8 a.m. the day of the run at The Circle in the center of downtown on Montauk Highway, or on Wednesday from 2 to 6 p.m. at the Montauk Visitor Center. Register online here.
• Our Peconic Dish columnist, Alison Boyd-Savage, has been perfecting spiced pumpkin cupcakes, baked with fresh pumpkin puree and real spices, and topped with a luscious cream cheese frosting, as a treat for the Thanksgiving table. Here’s her recipe.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:24 a.m., 7:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:32 a.m., 6:53 p.m.
Greenport: 8:01 a.m., 8:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:47 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:56 a.m., 8:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:23 a.m., 9:44 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:30 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:30 a.m., 6:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:39 a.m., 4:52 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:01 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:09 a.m., 7:33 p.m.
Greenport: 8:38 a.m., 9:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:30 a.m., 10:02 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:33 a.m., 8:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10 a.m., 10:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:07 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:13 a.m., 7:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:22 a.m., 5:39 p.m.
And thats the way things look at dawn’s light here today.