• We’re expecting light rain before 10 a.m. today, with a steady temperature around 52 degrees and a north wind 13 to 18 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 28 miles per hour. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. There’s a 70 percent chance of showers after noon on Thursday, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. Friday is expected to be sunny and breezy, with a high near 61.
• Celebrate the East End’s veterans today. Our full listings of Veterans Day events are online here.
• The Concerned Citizens of Montauk outlined their position on the geobag project currently underway along the downtown Montauk oceanfront in an in-depth, thoughtful statement on Tuesday. You can read the full statement online here.
• The Peconic Estuary now has one more organization devoted to its protection, one that draws from natural resource experts in all the towns and villages on the East End. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Long Island Green Homes Initiative launched in East Hampton yesterday in an effort to help East Hampton residents, regardless of income, take advantage of incentives for homeowner energy efficiencies and cost savings. The state-sponsored program was launched by the Long Island Green Homes, a not-for-profit, public-private partnership with the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority. A new, user-friendly website and specially trained Energy Navigators are now available to advise homeowners by phone and assist in identifying the full scope of rebates, discounts and low-cost available financing. For more information, call 1.800.567.2850 or apply online at longislandgreenhomes.org.
• In 2014, The Retreat’s Thanksgiving Gift Card Drive served over 150 victims of domestic violence. This year, the program will serve more than 180 people. The Retreat is asking anyone interested in donating to this cause to call 631.329.4398 to make a donation for this program or drop off a Stop & Shop gift card at their East Hampton office at 13 Goodfriend Drive.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.