• We’re expecting rain today, mainly before noon, with a high near 56 degrees and a southeast wind around 17 miles per hour, becoming northwest in the afternoon. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch are possible. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 30. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 42. There’s a 40 percent of afternoon rain Wednesday, with a high near 42.
• The mood was a joyous one at the eleventh hour of the eleventh month of the eleventh day of 2018 at Southold’s American Legion Post, as veterans, their families and students from the North Fork’s massive Naval Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps celebrated both local veterans and the 100th Anniversary of Armistice Day. See our photos online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hear a report on the 2018 Hampton Hopper bus service season, discuss nature preserve management plans and 2019 Community Development Block Grants at their 10 a.m. work session this morning at the Montauk Playhouse. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on its proposed 2019 budget, a CPF acquisition and a grant of an open space easement in conjunction with a subdivision, both in Bridgehampton, at their 1 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Middle School will host a Federal Aviation Administration hearing on helicopter traffic along the North Shore Route tomorrow, Nov. 14 from 7 to 9 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Suffolk Theater will host a Motown fundraiser to benefit The Butterfly Effect Project, a program that helps young girls in underserved communities, on Thursday, Nov. 15 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $45 and more details are online here.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:36 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:02 p.m.
Greenport: 1:13 a.m., 1:31 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:05 a.m., 2:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:08 a.m., 1:26 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:35 a.m., 2:53 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:42 a.m., 3 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: Noon
Shinn. Inlet: 10:09 a.m., 10:45 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:30 a.m., 1:48 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:38 a.m., 12:56 p.m.
Greenport: 2:07 a.m., 2:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:53 a.m., 3:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:02 a.m., 2:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:29 a.m., 3:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:36 a.m., 3:54 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:36 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:58 a.m., 11:37 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.