• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 65 degrees and a northwest wind 10 to 17 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 42. Friday and Saturday will both be mostly sunny, with high temperatures near 59 degrees.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss a proposed indoor/outdoor soccer facility at Veteran’s Memorial Park at EPCAL, along with changes to the town code regarding anaerobic digesters and a possible moratorium on development in Calverton at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• “Delightful” is not a word you often hear in conjunction with the work of John Waters, but the North Fork Community Theatre’s new production of “Cry-Baby,” Waters’ raunchy and absurd musical send-up of rock musicals is just that. The show continues this evening for two more weeks, through Nov. 6. Read Our Review.
• Tonight is opening night for the Hampton Theatre Company’s production of “Over the River and Through the Woods,” about a young man living the life of a modern professional in New York City whose loving grandparents never let him forget where he belongs: in New Jersey with them, in the bosom of his tenacious, tender-hearted, loud and well-fed Italian-American family. The show is up through Nov. 13. Here’s more info.
• Molly Graffam, Ph.D., and Ronald J. Paulson, PG, of Cornell Cooperative Extension will give an update on their recent research and let the public know how they can help ensure the health and vitality of Sagg Pond for years to come, in a Zoom program sponsored by the Peconic Land Trust this evening at 6 p.m. To register, visit peconiclandtrust.org.
• The Suffolk County Historical Society hosts “Night at the Museum,” a costume party fundraiser, this evening from 6 to 8 p.m. Tickets are $25. More info is at suffolkcountyhistoricalsociety.org. Register in advance at 631.727.2881.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:34 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:42 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
Greenport: 12:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:56 a.m., 1:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:17 a.m., 1:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:24 a.m., 1:40 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:44 a.m., 11:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:53 a.m., 9:17 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:05 a.m., 12:23 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:31 a.m.
Greenport: 12:42 a.m., 1 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:43 a.m., 1:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:37 a.m., 12:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:04 a.m., 2:22 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:11 a.m., 2:29 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:31 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:40 a.m., 10:11 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.