• Today will be sunny, with a high near 62 degrees and a west wind 6 to 10 miles per hour. Rain is likely overnight, with a low around 45, and rain is also likely tomorrow before 4 p.m. The high temperature Tuesday will be near 57 degrees. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 58.
• Tonight is the largest full moon in the past 69 years, and you can celebrate with your fellow East Enders with a full moon hike tonight at 5 p.m. at the Quogue Wildlife Refuge [$5] or or with the Group for the East End at Downs Farm Preserve, also tonight at 5 p.m. [$5].
• Southold Town is filing a formal complaint with the Federal Transportation Commission for the agency’s recent extension of the mandatory north shore helicopter route for four more years. The town contends that this action is in violation of federal law and executive order, and they’re inviting the public to attend a press conference held by Town Supervisor Scott Russell tomorrow, Tuesday, Nov. 15 at 11 a.m. at Southold Town Hall.
• Members of the Amagansett Writer’s Collective will host a reading of novels in progress the group’s members are working on in honor of National Novel Writing Month this Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 6 p.m. at the Amagansett Free Library. More information is online here.
• The New York State Department of Transportation will be closing and shifting travel lanes between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. on NY Route 27/Sunrise Highway between County Road 39 and Fairbanks Court in Southampton. Work began last Friday, and is expected to continue Monday through Friday for about two weeks, weather permitting. The DOT is repairing and repaving a section of highway used by an average of 35,000 vehicles per day. While traffic will still flow through the work zone, the DOT is advising motorists to be careful, for the safety of the work crews.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 7:59 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
Orient: 9 a.m., 9:26 p.m.
Greenport: 9:28 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 9:23 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 10:50 a.m., 11:16 p.m.
S. JPT: 10:57 a.m., 11:23 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:18 a.m., 6:46 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 8:50 a.m., 9:18 p.m.
Orient: 9:51 a.m., 10:19 p.m.
Greenport: 10:19 a.m., 10:47 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 10:14 a.m., 10:42 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 11:41 a.m.
S. JPT: 11:48 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:07 a.m., 7:38 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.