This Morning’s Bulletin — 11.15.19
AMSEAS responded to a dead humpback whale in the surf in Southampton Thursday. | photo courtesy AMSEAS
• Today will start out mostly cloudy, gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 51, with a light west wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 25. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 40. Sunday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
• Atlantic Marine Conservation Society “AMSEAS” (amseas.org) received a report yesterday at 8:35 a.m. from a member of the public about a deceased humpback whale, approximately 27.5 feet in length, in the surf at Halsey Neck Lane in Southampton. More details are in our sister publication, The Peconic Bathtub.
• The Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreational Center will present a free heart health clinic tomorrow, Nov. 16 from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. More details are online here.
• Group for the East End hosts a workshop titled NoFo Living the Sustainable Way tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. at Downs Farm Preserve in Cutchogue.
• OLA’s annual Latino Film Festival is this weekend at the Parrish Art Museum, Greenport High School and Guild Hall. Here are more details.
• Tomorrow is also the opening reception for a fascinating new exhibit, “Solar Impressions & International Masters/Collaborations in Printmaking” at Southampton Arts Center from 6 to 8 p.m.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:15 a.m., 11:54 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:23 a.m., 11:02 p.m.
Greenport: 11:52 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:40 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:47 a.m.
New Suffolk: 1:08 a.m., 1:14 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:15 a.m., 1:21 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:10 a.m., 10:53 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:19 a.m., 9:02 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:01 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:09 a.m., 11:51 p.m.
Greenport: 12:31 a.m., 12:38 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:24 a.m., 1:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:26 a.m, 12:33 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:53 a.m., 2 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2 a.m., 2:07 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:55 a.m., 11:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:04 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.