• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 78 degrees and a south wind 7 to 17 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 29. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 82. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Saturday, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 81.
• The three Democratic candidates for Riverhead Town Board are calling for an “internal investigation by an outside agency” into Town Supervisor Sean Walter’s relationship with Luminati Aerospace, the firm in negotiations with the town to buy a large portion of the Enterprise Park at Calverton. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Southampton Town and Cornell Cooperative Extension of Suffolk County’s Marine Program unveiled their new center for marine education, restoration and stewardship at Tiana Bay in Hampton Bays yesterday. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The educational schooner Roseway is coming to Greenport for the Fourth of July, according to Greenport Village, where she will be open for free on-deck tours from 2 to 6 p.m. The vessel is slated to depart the following morning. Find more details on our sister ship, The Peconic Bathtub, online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss summer BIDMA programs, playground equipment, Grumman Memorial Park and video streaming of town meetings at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here. Today’s Southampton Town Board work session has been cancelled.
• Racial Justice East End, PEER/NYPAN: Progressive East End Reformers, Canio’s Cultural Café and the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the South Fork will host a special community screening and discussion of Ava DuVernay’s film, “13th,” this evening, June 29 at 6 p.m. at the Hampton Library in Bridgehampton. More details are online here. [Free]
• Greenporter Gail Horton will tell the story of “A Mermaid’s Tale of Greenport” at the East End Seaport Museum’s lecture series this evening, July 29 at 5:30 p.m. More details are online here. [$5/Members Free]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:32 a.m., 3:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:40 a.m., 2:17 p.m.
Greenport: 3:09 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:05 a.m., 4:40 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:04 a.m., 3:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:31 a.m., 5:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:38 a.m., 5:15 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:37 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:29 a.m., 4:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:37 a.m., 3:16 p.m.
Greenport: 4:06 a.m., 4:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:02 a.m., 5:35 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:01 a.m., 4:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:28 a.m., 6:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:35 a.m., 6:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:47 a.m., 1:29 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.