• Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 43 degrees and wind chill values between 20 and 30, with a west wind 26 to 30 miles per hour, with gusts to 48. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Tuesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 44 and Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 46.
• The North Fork Environmental Council has chosen a fine new slate of officers for 2017, after some concern earlier this year as former President Bill Toedter prepared to step down. More details are online here.
• The East Hampton Lions Club is hosting a blood drive at the Amagansett American Legion Hall on Montauk Highway in Amagansett today from 11:45 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. There will be food and drink for donors.
• The milling of Carpenter Street in Greenport Village will commence this morning, and is expected to conclude by the end of the day. The paving of Carpenter Street is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, and is weather-dependent. You’ve been forewarned!
• Southampton Town Hall’s elevator is now back in service after being repaired over the past couple weeks, once again providing physical access for all to the upper reaches of town government.
• Southold Town employees started the holiday season early with their annual food drive, and have just brought about 500 pounds of food to the North Fork Parish Outreach in Greenport to help replenish their food pantry. Good work!
• Turkey Trots and post-Thanksgiving hiking trips are happening all over the East End in the days after the holiday. Have yourself a warm and cosy holiday, and then take to the streets and the trails. Our full listings are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 2:14 a.m., 2:43 p.m.
Orient: 3:15 a.m., 3:44 p.m.
Greenport: 3:43 a.m., 4:12 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 3:38 a.m., 4:07 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 5:05 a.m., 5:34 p.m.
S. JPT: 5:12 a.m., 5:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:27 a.m., 12:41 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 3:19 a.m., 3:48 p.m.
Orient: 4:20 a.m., 4:49 p.m.
Greenport: 4:48 a.m., 5:17 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 4:43 a.m., 5:12 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 6:10 a.m., 6:39 p.m.
S. JPT: 6:17 a.m., 6:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:23 a.m., 1:35 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today