• We’re expecting mostly sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 79 degrees and a northeast wind 11 to 15 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 64 and a 20 percent chance of showers after 2 a.m. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 78 and a 20 percent chance of showers before 2 p.m. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 83.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss a recent survey on public wishes for a new senior center, changes to the town code regarding beaches and permit fees at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold public hearings on adding language to the town code regarding battery energy storage systems and on increasing the fines for littering and graffiti at its 6 p.m. regular meeting this evening. Here’s more info on the public hearings, here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Southampton Fire Department at 470 Hampton Road in Southampton will hold a New York Blood Center blood drive from noon to 6 p.m. today. Appointments are recommended and can be made online here.
• Suffolk County reported 335 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, Aug. 14, with 8 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 204 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 50 percent of them hospitalized due to Covid. The county reported two new deaths from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 4,534 people since March of 2020.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:27 a.m., 1:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:35 a.m., 1:07 p.m.
Greenport: 2:04 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:05 a.m., 3:30 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:59 a.m., 2:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:26 a.m., 3:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:33 a.m., 4:05 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:44 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:27 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:19 a.m., 2:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:27 a.m., 2 p.m.
Greenport: 2:56 a.m., 3:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:56 a.m., 4:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:51 a.m., 3:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:18 a.m., 4:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:25 a.m., 4:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:35 a.m., 2:07 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:16 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.