This Morning’s Bulletin — 8.25.21
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 92 degrees but heat index values as high as 95, with a light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 8 miles per hour in the morning. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 66. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 88 and Friday will also be sunny, with a high near 88.
• If you grew up on the East End, chances are you saw a glimpse or heard stories about the migrant farm labor camps that proliferated here during the heyday of the potato industry in the 1950s and 1960s. These camps, which were enabled to operate due to World War II-era staffing shortages, have long been a hushed stain on our region’s agricultural history, with little remaining documentation of their history. Read More.
• Riverhead Town wants public feedback on its proposed Comprehensive Plan Update. Here’s how you can get involved.
• Southold Town presents its Summer Showcase Concert Series at Silversmith’s Corner (Route 25 & Youngs Ave.) with the Rhoda Denet Trio this evening at 7:30 p.m. The rain location is Southold’s First Presbyterian Church
• Cutchogue’s Old Town Arts & Crafts Guild is hosting its third national juried show, “Sources of Inspiration,” opening Aug. 27 from 5 to 7 p.m. Here’s more information.
• East End Arts’ Community Mosaic Street Painting Festival, usually held on Memorial Day Weekend, is returning Labor Day weekend this year, on Sunday, Sept. 5 from noon to 5 p.m. Here’s how you can participate.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:09 a.m., 12:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:43 a.m.
Greenport: 12:46 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:46 a.m., 2:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:41 a.m., 1:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:08 a.m., 2:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:15 a.m., 2:41 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:52 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:01 a.m., 10:17 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:55 a.m., 1:21 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:03 a.m., 12:29 p.m.
Greenport: 1:32 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:30 a.m., 2:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:27 a.m., 1:53 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:54 a.m., 3:20 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:01 a.m., 3:27 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:08 a.m., 12:37 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:46 a.m., 11:02 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.