• Today will be sunny, with a high near 49 degrees and a north wind 5 to 10 miles per hour. There’s a slight chance of rain and snow overnight, turning to rain Friday, when the high will be near 43. Rain is likely Saturday morning, tapering off mid-day, with a high near 45 degrees.
• The Southampton Town Board voted unanimously Tuesday evening to approve a zone change that would allow a new affordable housing complex in Speonk. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The mood is a character in Hampton Theatre Company’s spring mystery production of Bernard Slade’s “An Act of the Imagination,” which continues tonight at the Quogue Community House. Read The Beacon’s full review online here.
• Richard J. Demato’s RJD Fine Arts Gallery is the first business destroyed in the massive December fire that gutted Sag Harbor’s Main Street to reopen, albeit in a new location. See our pictures from the opening online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss Riverhead’s sewer expansion into Riverside and liaison reports at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss Alive on 25, playground equipment at Stotzky Park and water district improvements at their 10:30 a.m. meeting this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• GE Smith and Friends will play a benefit concert for The Retreat’s domestic violence survivor services tonight at 7 p.m. at The Stephen Talkhouse. More details are online here. [$30-$40]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:21 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 11:29 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
Greenport: 12:28 a.m., 12:58 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:26 a.m., 1:57 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 12:23 a.m., 12:53 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:50 a.m., 2:20 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:57 a.m., 2:27 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:40 a.m., 10 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:41 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 12:20 p.m.
Greenport: 1:18 a.m., 1:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:14 a.m., 2:48 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 1:13 a.m., 1:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:40 a.m., 3:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:47 a.m., 3:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:35 a.m., 10:55 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.