• Today will be sunny, with a high near 59 degrees and a southwest wind 5 to 11 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 40. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers Wednesday, mainly after noon, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 56. Thanksgiving is expected to be mostly sunny, with a high near 54.
• Do past agricultural practices on the East End portend a proliferation of pot in the future? Our Between the Lines columnist Tim Kelly wonders aloud in this month’s column.
• The Southampton Town Board has one public hearing on a CPF property purchase scheduled for its 6 p.m. meeting this evening.
• The East Hampton Town Board has approved a $25,211 grant award to Concerned Citizens of Montauk for the installation of an innovative pilot Floating Wetlands Project in Fort Pond, Montauk. As a temporary seasonal installation of native vegetation designed to remove nitrogen and phosphorus, it is hoped that these floating wetlands will mitigate some of the nutrient pollution in the Pond, thus reducing the extent and severity of the harmful algal blooms which have plagued the Pond for the last few years.
• The registration deadline has been extended to Nov. 30 for the Paul Drum Life Experience Project’s Gingerbread House Contest and Auction next weekend at the Greenport Firehouse. More details are online here.
• Today is the last day to subscribe to The Beacon’s print edition in time to receive our December edition in the mail. You can subscribe online here. You’ll read many of these stories in print before you find them online!
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:56 a.m., 9:22 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:04 a.m., 8:30 p.m.
Greenport: 9:33 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:33 a.m., 11:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:28 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:55 a.m., 11:21 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:02 a.m., 11:28 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:18 a.m., 8:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:27 a.m., 6:49 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:44 a.m., 10:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:52 a.m., 9:20 p.m.
Greenport: 10:21 a.m., 10:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:21 a.m., 11:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:16 a.m., 10:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:43 a.m.
South Jamesport: 11:50 a.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:04 a.m., 9:28 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:13 a.m., 7:37 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.