This Morning’s Bulletin — 11.29.17
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 57 degrees and a southwest wind 15 to 18 miles per hour, becoming northwest in the afternoon. We’re expecting clear skies overnight, with a low around 29. We’re expecting increasing clouds Thursday, with a high near 49 degrees. Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 51.
• Our columnist Dave Davis takes us on a journey this month through “The Serendipitous Nature of Self-Discovery.” You can read his column online here.
• The Big Duck Lighting in Flanders is tonight at 7 p.m., but you’d best get there early if you want to get a good place to park and see Santa ride in on a fire truck. You can also expect a visit from Quackerjack, the Long Island Ducks baseball team mascot, duck carols led by students from the Riverhead Middle School Show Choir and refreshments.
• Greenport’s Floyd Memorial Library will host an open house in honor of the retirement of much-loved children’s librarian Joe Cortale, who has served at the library for 16 years, this Saturday, Dec. 2 from 1 to 3 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
• The North Fork Audubon Society’s Holiday Party is this Sunday, Dec. 3 at 5 p.m., honoring Dr. William Zitek and
Robin Simmen for their work protecting birds and their habitats. Tickets are $60 in advance and $65 at the door. More information is online here.
• The North Fork Environmental Council’s Speaker Series continues next Thursday, Dec. 7 at 6:30 p.m. with a talk by Kevin McAllister of Defend H2O on “No More Methoprene” at the Jamesport Meeting House. All are welcome to attend.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:57 a.m., 6:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:05 a.m., 5:20 p.m.
Greenport: 6:34 a.m., 6:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:07 a.m., 7:35 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:29 a.m., 6:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:56 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:03 a.m., 8:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:47 a.m., 3:08 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:39 a.m., 6:57 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:47 a.m., 6:05 p.m.
Greenport: 7:16 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:57 a.m., 8:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:11 a.m., 7:29 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:38 a.m., 8:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:45 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:42 a.m., 4:07 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.