This Morning’s Bulletin — 6.4.18
• Rain is likely this morning, mainly before 11 a.m. Otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 64 degrees and a north wind 10 to 14 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 47. There’s a 50 percent chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms Tuesday, with the possibility of small hail and a high near 71. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers before noon Wednesday, which otherwise will be partly sunny, with a high near 67.
• The Sag Harbor Water Quality Initiative, a public/private partnership anchored by the Village of Sag Harbor and the Sag Harbor Yacht Club, has launched this spring, in an attempt to counter changes to the health of the village’s waterways. More details are online here.
• Read our profile today of fisherman Pete Haskell, whose growing business includes building relationships with local schools to provide fresh local fish in school, a Community Supported Fishery, and a fish-based fertilizer for farmers.
• The Beacon is still accepting poetry submissions! Send your poems to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:31 a.m., 3:14 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:39 a.m., 2:22 p.m.
Greenport: 3:08 a.m., 3:51 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:45 a.m., 4:22 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:03 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:30 a.m., 5:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:37 a.m., 5:20 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:15 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:21 a.m., 4:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:29 a.m., 3:15 p.m.
Greenport: 3:58 a.m., 4:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:34 a.m., 5:10 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:53 a.m., 4:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:20 a.m., 6:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:27 a.m., 6:13 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:17 a.m., 1 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.