• We’re expecting rain today, mainly after 11 a.m., with a high near 56 degrees and an east wind 10 to 13 miles per hour. New precipitation amounts of between a quarter and half of an inch are possible. Rain will continue overnight, with a low around 52. We’re expecting rain again on Tuesday, with a high near 63 degrees and an east wind 5 to 10 miles per hour, becoming southerly and stronger in the afternoon. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 60.
• More than 600 people filled the pews and overflowed into a basement meeting room for an interfaith vigil hosted by the Jewish Center of the Hamptons last Thursday evening, honoring the 11 people murdered and the six police officers injured last weekend in the worst antisemitic attack in U.S. history. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Today is opening day for Peconic Bay scallop season. Word on the street is we’re in for a lackluster year. Stay tuned.
• The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management will hold a public hearing on Deepwater Wind’s proposed South Fork Wind Farm this evening at 6 p.m. at the Amagansett American Legion. More details are online here.
• Get ready for Election Day by reading up on local races in our Election Guide.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:28 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:36 a.m., 7:01 p.m.
Greenport: 8:05 a.m., 8:30 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:04 a.m., 9:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:27 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:34 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:48 a.m., 7:05 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:57 a.m., 5:14 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:13 a.m., 8:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:21 a.m., 7:46 p.m.
Greenport: 8:50 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:51 a.m., 10:19 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:45 a.m., 9:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:12 a.m., 10:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:19 a.m., 10:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:36 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:45 a.m., 6:02 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.