• We’re expecting showers and thunderstorms today, with possible gusty winds and heavy rain, areas of fog before 9 a.m. and a high temperature near 65 degrees.Skies will clear overnight, with a low around 50. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 59, and Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 54.
• Get ready to vote today by reading up on local races in our Election Guide. We will have full results for local races late this evening. Polls opened at 6 a.m. and will be open until 9 p.m. this evening.
• As OLA of Eastern Long Island prepares to celebrate its 15th annual Latino Film Festival with an expansion to the North Fork this coming weekend, the Hamptons Take Two Documentary Film Festival, now in its 11th year, has changed its name to the Hamptons Doc Fest, and is preparing a weekend chock full of docs in late November and early December. The Beacon’s full story on changes in local film festivals is online here.
• Author Jonathan Santlofer will discuss his memoir, The Widower’s Notebook, tomorrow evening at Writers Speak Wednesdays at Stony Brook Southampton. A reception will begin at 6:30 p.m. followed by the reading at 7:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Jamesport Meeting House will celebrate the 10th anniversary of its founding as a community center with a film presentation and reception on Saturday, Nov. 17 at 7:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• The League of Women Voters of the Hamptons, in collaboration with the East End Mental Health Awareness Initiative, will co-sponsor a program titled “Mental Health Matters” on Monday, Nov. 19 at 6 p.m., at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital’s Parrish Memorial Hall. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:13 a.m., 8:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:21 a.m., 7:46 p.m.
Greenport: 8:50 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:51 a.m., 10:19 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:45 a.m., 9:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:12 a.m., 10:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:19 a.m., 10:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:36 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:45 a.m., 6:02 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:57 a.m., 9:23 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:05 a.m., 8:31 p.m.
Greenport: 9:34 a.m., 10 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:37 a.m., 11:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:29 a.m., 9:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:56 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:03 a.m., 11:29 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:21 a.m., 8:38 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:30 a.m., 6:47 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.