• We’re expecting showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 2 p.m. today, with a high near 81 degrees and a southeast wind 6 to 8 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Skies will clear overnight, with a low around 65. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 85 and Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 89 and a 20 percent chance of showers after 3 p.m.
• Researchers at Stony Brook University have found blue-green algae blooms in Wainscott Pond and Georgica Pond in East Hampton as of Friday, in addition to blooms already underway at Mill Pond in Watermill, Maratooka Pond in Mattituck and Lake Agawam in Southampton. The Suffolk County Health Department is asking residents to keep their pets and children away from all of these water bodies, especially Mill Pond and Lake Agawam, which are currently showing very high levels of algae-related toxins.
• Free summer concert series continue throughout the East End this week, with Nancy Atlas performing at Agawam Park tonight at 6:30 p.m. and the Bobby Nathan Band performing on the East Quogue Village Green tonight at 7 p.m., The Lone Sharks at Southampton’s Coopers Beach tomorrow night at 6:30 p.m. and Chicago Band Sizzlers at Silversmith Corner in Southold tomorrow night at 7:30 p.m. Our full free summer concert series listings for the summer are online here.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton presents a free screening of Lana Jokel’s “A Moment in Time,” interviews conducted in the 1990s with artists living and working on the East End, tonight at 7 p.m. More information is online here.
• The South Fork Natural History Museum presents “Drifters: A Guide To Stray Tropical Fish,” a talk with marine biologist Todd Gardner tonight at 7:30 p.m. More information is online here. [$10/Members Free]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 10:11 a.m., 10:34 p.m.
Orient: 11:12 a.m., 11:35 p.m.
GPT: 11:40 a.m.
Sag Hbr: 11:35 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
S. JPT: 12:41 a.m., 1:09 p.m.
Shinn. In.: 8:34 a.m., 8:49 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 11:03 a.m., 11:24 p.m.
Orient: 12:04 p.m.
GPT: 12:03 a.m.,12:32 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 12:27 p.m.
S. JPT: 1:32 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
Shinn. In.: 9:25 a.m., 9:37 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.