• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 53 degrees and a northeast wind 9 to 11 miles per hour. There’s a 60 percent chance of light rain overnight, with a low around 40. There’s a 20 percent chance of light rain before 11 a.m. Wednesday, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 55.
• Today is Election Day, and there are a slew of local races to vote on this year. Details of our coverage of town races throughout the East End can be found online here.
• Follow The Beacon on Twitter @eastendbeacon for live updates tonight on election results, and we’ll have the details on all the local races online late this evening.
• Local governments will not hold their usual Tuesday meetings today due to Election Day, but Southold has moved its regular meeting to tomorrow, Nov. 8, where there will be a work session at 9 a.m. and budget hearings at 4 and 7 p.m., and Riverhead will hold its regular meeting tomorrow at 2 p.m., with public hearings on the town’s 2018 budget and on classifying pet waste as “litter.”
• JDTLab at Guild Hall will present a free staged reading of David Ives’ “Ancient History,” a story of love and faith starring Stephanie Linas and Daniel Schwait, tonight at 7:30 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
• The Long Island Rail Road will be doing track work on its Montauk line between Speonk and Montauk from Nov. 10 through 13. Buses will replace trains from Patchogue to Montauk during the work period. The LIRR is advising customers that the eastbound trip is likely to take an extra half hour during this time, while westbound departures will be about 34 minutes earlier than usually scheduled.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:47 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:55 a.m., 11:28 p.m.
Greenport: Midnight, 12:24 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:02 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:19 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:22 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:29 a.m., 1:53 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:05 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:20 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:53 a.m.
Greenport: 12:57 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:57 a.m., 2:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:52 a.m., 1:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:19 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:26 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:05 a.m., 10:49 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.