This Morning’s Bulletin — 11.6.17
• There’s a 90 percent chance of showers today, with a possible thunderstorm after 3 p.m. and a high near 68. We’re also expecting patchy fog before 9 a.m. Winds are out of the south at 7 to 11 miles per hour. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers overnight, with a low around 44. Tuesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 55, and Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 56.
• Today is opening day of Peconic Bay scallop season. We’ve heard promising talk on what’s out there in the bays. Stay tuned for updates!
• There’s been a lot of attention of late to wildfires in the western United States, but outside of the tight network of the firefighting world, few people know that many wildland firefighters have learned the ropes right here in our backyard. The New York Wildfire and Incident Management Academy, formed in response to the 1995 Sunrise Wildfires, celebrated its 20th year of training firefighters the last week in October. Read our full report online here.
• The Butterfly Effect Project, devoted to empowering young girls, has teamed up with JABS fitness studio in their new space in Riverhead. Our full story is online here.
• Election Day is tomorrow, and there are a slew of local races to vote on this year. Details of our coverage of town races throughout the East End can be found online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of this morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:52 a.m., 11:23 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
Greenport: 11:29 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:10 a.m., 12:25 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:24 a.m., 11:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:29 a.m., 11:59 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:36 a.m., 12:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:11 a.m., 8:47 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:47 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:55 a.m., 11:28 p.m.
Greenport: Midnight, 12:24 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:02 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:19 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:22 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:29 a.m., 1:53 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:05 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.