This Morning’s Bulletin — 2.28.18
• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high near 53 degrees and a southwest wind 6 to 13 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 37. There’s a 40 percent chance of light rain Thursday, mainly after 3 p.m., but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 52. We’re expecting rain Friday, with a high near 43 degrees.
• The East Hampton Town Democratic Committee will hold a forum with the seven Democrats running for Congress this Friday, March 2 at 7 p.m. in the sanctuary of St. Michael’s Lutheran Church in Amagansett. All are welcome to attend.
• Southampton Town is accepting feedback on a survey about community wishes for the Shinnecock Canal Maritime Park through this Friday, March 2. You can take the survey online here.
• Greenport’s Floyd Memorial Library at 539 First Street will host a community conversation on high lead levels in Greenport on Saturday, March 10 at 10 a.m. Experts in Environmental Services will be on hand to respond to community concerns. All are welcome. Call 631.477.0660 for more information.
• Riverhead CAP, which works to help raise student awareness about drug and alcohol abuse, is hosting its sixth annual Bowling Bonanza Fundraiser on Thursday, March 15 at 7 p.m. at The All Star, 96 Main Road, Riverhead. Tickets are $20 per person and the lanes will be set up for team play. The sign-up form is online here.
• The North Fork Environmental Council welcomes Nurse Practi- tioner Anna-Marie Wellins of Stony Brook Southampton Hospital’s regional Tick-Borne Disease Resource Center to its monthly Speaker Series, this month to be held on Friday, March 23 at 6:30 p.m. at the Jamesport Meeting House. All are welcome, and attendees will receive a free tick removal kit.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:09 a.m., 8:29 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:17 a.m., 7:37 p.m.
Greenport: 8:46 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:42 a.m., 10:13 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:41 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:08 a.m., 10:28 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:15 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:32 a.m., 6:03 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:58 a.m., 9:19 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:06 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
Greenport: 9:35 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:35 a.m., 11:02 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:30 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:57 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:04 a.m., 11:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:23 a.m., 6:53 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.