• There’s a 20 percent chance of rain after 4 p.m. today, with increasing clouds and a high temperature near 57. We’re expecting rain overnight, with a low around 41. We’re expecting rain and snow tomorrow, with the temperature falling to around 38 by noon. New accumulation of less than half an inch is possible. There’s a 40 percent chance of rain Saturday, with snow also possible before 5 a.m. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 44 degrees.
• Congressman Lee Zeldin announced last night that the U.S. Department of the Interior will hold a public hearing on the federal government’s proposed offshore oil and gas drilling plan on Long Island tomorrow, March 2, at noon at Brookhaven Town Hall
1 Independence Hill in Farmingville. All are welcome to speak.
• This month, our columnist Tim Kelly returns to his preparations for his 2020 presidential campaign.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the final site plan for Peconic Care, the Justice Court and parking on town property and exterior lighting code revisions at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss the use of Conscience Point for Sea Scout activities and hear town board member project updates at the board’s 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning.
• Singer-Songwriter Caroline Doctorow will be the featured performer at tomorrow’s monthly Songwriters Share at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the South Fork at 977 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike. The concert begins at 7:30 p.m. Ms. Doctorow will be raising money for the Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center. [$20]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:58 a.m., 9:19 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:06 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
Greenport: 9:35 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:35 a.m., 11:02 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:30 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:57 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:04 a.m., 11:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:23 a.m., 6:53 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:47 a.m., 10:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:55 a.m., 9:16 p.m.
Greenport: 10:24 a.m., 10:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:25 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:19 a.m., 10:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:46 a.m.
South Jamesport: 11:53 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:11 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.