This Morning’s Bulletin — 11.8.22
• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 56 degrees and a north wind 11 to 14 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 30. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 54, and Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 63.
• Today is Election Day. Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. To vote on Election Day, you must vote at the polling place where you are registered, which you can find online here. For more information on the key races and propositions in our area, visit our Election Coverage. We will post results of local races as they become available late this evening.
• Our cooking columnist, Alison Boyd-Savage has been experimenting with the bumper crop of pumpkins available for cooking on the East End this fall. In this week’s segment, she’s cooked a Kuri pumpkin in a rich and spicy coconut broth, with lots of onion and chickpeas. It’s a one-pan dish if you don’t count the tomato roasting. Read more in The Peconic Dish.
• This evening is the full moon, and the Quogue Wildlife Refuge is celebrating with its monthly full moon hike this evening at 5 p.m.. Here’s more info. If you miss tonight, the Refuge is hosting an outdoor holiday market and its annual Light the Winter Night trail walk Thursday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Here’s more info.
• Hamptons Observatory has teamed up with Suffolk County Community College to present a free, virtual lecture by Dr. Jill Tarter, co-founder of the SETI Institute, this Thursday at 7 p.m. Here’s more info.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:09 a.m., 9:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:17 a.m., 8:42 p.m.
Greenport: 9:46 a.m., 10:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:47 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:41 a.m., 10:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:08 a.m., 11:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:15 a.m., 11:40 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:29 a.m., 8:50 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:38 a.m., 6:59 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:51 a.m., 10:19 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:59 a.m., 9:27 p.m.
Greenport: 10:28 a.m., 10:56 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:27 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:23 a.m., 10:51 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:50 a.m.
South Jamesport: 11:57 a.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:07 a.m., 9:32 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:16 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.