• We’re expecting rain today, with a high near 47 degrees and an east wind 5 to 13 miles per hour, becoming south in the afternoon. Rain will continue overnight, with a low around 43, and then into Friday morning, mainly before noon, with a high near 47 on Friday. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 35.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss a possible zoning change for the Homeside Florist property at the corner of Route 25 and Route 105, proposed locations for bicycles for bike sharing and the town’s Senior Citizen Resource Guide at its 10 a.m. work session this morning.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss Suffolk County’s hazard mitigation plan, the second phase of the East Quogue water main extension plan and town board member projects at its 10 a.m. work session this morning.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on a CPF acquisition at its 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge hosts a winter afternoon of fireside poetry for the family this Saturday, Feb. 8 beginning at 4:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Neo-Political Cowgirls share our annual magical scavenger hunt through downtown Montauk on Sunday, February 9th. Meet at the Village Green gazebo any time between 1:00-2:00 to meet the first character who will set you on your path into the curious world of ZIMA! More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:19 a.m., 7:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:27 a.m., 6:51 p.m.
Greenport: 7:56 a.m., 8:20 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:38 a.m., 9:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:51 a.m., 8:15 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:18 a.m., 9:42 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:25 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:12 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:21 a.m., 4:59 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:03 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:11 a.m., 7:35 p.m.
Greenport: 8:40 a.m., 9:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:30 a.m., 10:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:35 a.m., 8:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:02 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:09 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:06 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:15 a.m., 5:50 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.