• There’s a 30 percent chance of showers today, with a southwest wind up to 21 miles per hour, gusting as high as 33, partly sunny skies and the temperature falling to around 50 by 5 p.m. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers this evening, with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 36. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 47 and Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 49.
• Suffolk County reported 658 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Monday, with 4.8 percent of people tested testing positive. The county reported 248 people are currently hospitalized with the virus, with 46 of them in ICU. Four more Suffolk residents have died from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 2,053.
• The Southold Town Board discusses Trustee issues, the New Suffolk traffic study, permits and agricultural preservation programs at its 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board is also slated to hold a 7 p.m. regular meeting this evening. The agenda for both meetings is online here. Here’s the Zoom login for the work session, and here’s the Zoom login for the regular meeting.
• The East Hampton Town Board discusses federal Covid relief funding and leaf blower legislation at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda. You can watch the work session online here.
• The Beacon’s December print edition is now on newsstands throughout the East End. Pick up a copy today!
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:10 a.m., 10:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:18 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
Greenport: 10:47 a.m., 11:20 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:35 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:42 a.m., 11:15 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:09 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:06 a.m., 12:16 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:07 a.m., 9:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:16 a.m., 7:50 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:50 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:58 a.m., 10:34 p.m.
Greenport: 11:27 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:11 a.m., 12:13 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:22 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:42 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:49 a.m., 12:56 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:40 a.m., 10:21 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:49 a.m., 8:30 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.