• We’re expecting partly sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 59 degrees and a west wind 9 to 17 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 29. Saturday and Sunday will both be mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
• The North Fork Project team, which is working to tell the stories of the 550 people who were known to have been enslaved on the North Fork from the mid-1600s until abolition in New York in 1827, will hold two presentations on their work in the weeks ahead. Read More.
• LongHouse Reserve, East Hampton’s 16-acre sculpture garden, celebrates Rites of Spring 2023 this weekend, in which nearly one million daffodils and rare bulb plants will be in bloom to welcome back the local community. Visitors will also be invited to weave branches from the garden with Maren Hassinger as she creates her site-specific sculpture, “Monuments.” Here’s more info.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge hosts two sessions of egg hunts for 2 to 4-year-olds at 9 a.m. and again at 10 a.m. on Saturday. Call the Nature Center at 631.653.4771 to reserve a spot for $15.
• The East Hampton Trails Preservation Society starts off Easter Weekend with a jaunt through Hither Hills State Park, from Nominicks to Fresh Pond, also known as Hidden Pond, and back. Meet at 10 a.m. on Napeague Harbor Road, where the Paumanok Path enters the woods. Here’s more info.
• The Southampton Cultural Center hosts a trio of films by Director Ginew Benton tomorrow: “Shells of Wisdom, Lessons from Ajijaak” at 3 p.m., “Mirror Man” at 6:30 p.m. and “The Dim” at 7 p.m. Families are encouraged to attend the 3 p.m. film. Parental discretion advised at the evening sci-fi thriller films. More info is at scc-arts.org.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:34 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:42 a.m., 10:51 p.m.
Greenport: 12:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:38 a.m., 1:04 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:07 a.m., 1:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:14 a.m., 1:40 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:29 a.m., 10:48 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:38 a.m., 8:57 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:13 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:21 a.m., 11:29 p.m.
Greenport: 12:20 a.m., 12:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:14 a.m., 1:45 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:15 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:42 a.m., 2:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:49 a.m., 2:19 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:06 a.m., 11:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:15 a.m., 9:34 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.