This Morning’s Bulletin — 12.10.19
• We’re expecting rain today, mainly after 1 p.m., with a high temperature near 60 degrees and a southwest wind around 14 miles per hour. Rain will change to snow overnight, with a low around 32, with snow continuing into Wednesday with an expected accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. The high Wednesday is expected to be near 38 degrees. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 34.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold a work session this morning at 10 a.m. at the Montauk Firehouse to discuss the Montauk Hamlet Study.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a special meeting this morning at 10:30 a.m. to discuss changes to its special events permit legislation.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on changes to the qualifications for the town’s septic rebate program and on inspection and maintenance requirements for stormwater management and sediment control at its 1 p.m. meeting this afternoon at town hall.
• The Peconic Land Trust is partnering with the American Farmland Trust for a program this Thursday, Dec. 10 at 4 p.m. at Cornell Cooperative Extension in Riverhead to discuss farmland access for a new generation. More details are online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:15 a.m., 8:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:23 a.m., 7:46 p.m.
Greenport: 8:52 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:38 a.m., 10:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:47 a.m., 9:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:14 a.m., 10:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:21 a.m., 10:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:17 a.m., 7:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:26 a.m., 5:52 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:52 a.m., 9:19 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
Greenport: 9:29 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:19 a.m., 10:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:24 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:51 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:58 a.m., 11:25 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:56 a.m., 8:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:05 a.m., 6:33 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.