• We’re expecting scattered snow showers before 8 a.m. today, with skies gradually clearing and a high near 41 degrees, with winds out of the west at 10 to 15 miles per hour. There’s a 40 percent chance of overnight rain and snow, with a low around 26 degrees. We’re expecting rain Tuesday morning, with cloudy skies later in the day and a high near 50 degrees. Snow showers are again possible overnight Tuesday and into Wednesday morning. We’re expecting partly sunny skies Wednesday, with a high near 32.
• The East Hampton Town Trustees are slated to hear a presentation on marine life surveys conducted by offshore wind developer Deepwater Wind at their 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening at town hall. The meeting is open to the public.
• The Flanders, Riverside & Northampton Community Association and Riverside Rediscovered will host a Community Holiday Party this coming Monday, Dec. 11 at 6 p.m. at the David W. Crohan Community Center at 655 Flanders Road. Everyone is welcome. RSVP 631.591.3926 or contact@riversiderediscove
• The North Fork Audubon Society honored two North Forkers for their commitment to wildlife, particularly the avian kind, at their holiday party Dec. 3 at Case’s Place in New Suffolk. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• In related birding news, Christmas Bird Counts are coming up soon for the four count circles that cover the East End. Our environmental columnist, Glenn Jochum, has the details in his December column: “Birders: Come to Your Census.”
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:14 a.m., 4:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:22 a.m., 3:49 p.m.
Greenport: 4:51 a.m., 5:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:39 a.m., 6:06 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:46 a.m., 5:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:13 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:20 a.m., 6:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:26 a.m., 1:39 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:15 a.m., 5:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:32 a.m., 4:49 p.m.
Greenport: 5:52 a.m., 6:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:37 a.m., 7:06 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:47 a.m., 6:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:14 a.m., 7:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:21 a.m., 7:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:22 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.