This Morning’s Bulletin — 12.14.16
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 42 degrees but wind chill values between 30 and 35, with a northwest wind 5 to 14 miles per hour. We’re expecting scattered snow showers overnight, with a low around 23. There’s a 30 percent chance of snow showers Thursday afternoon, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 21 by 5 p.m. Friday will be mostly sunny and blustery, with a high near 25.
• Long Island’s blood supplies are running low, and East Enders are doing their share to help fill up blood bank supplies with a slew of blood drives in the upcoming weeks, beginning with a blood drive today at the Bridgehampton Fire Department. More details are online here.
• OLA of Eastern Long Island is hosting a free Children’s Art Workshop this afternoon, led by Aurelio Torres, grandson of the acclaimed Uruguayan artist Joaquin Torres-Garcia, an East Hampton-based artist originally from Montevideo. The free workshop will be held at the Bridgehampton Child Care Center on Bridgehampton Sag Harbor Turnpike from 4 to 6 p.m. To register your child, call OLA at 631.899.3441.
• The South Fork Natural History Museum in Bridgehampton hosts a day-after full moon hike tonight at 6 p.m. [Free]
• Tomorrow evening, Dec. 15 at 6 p.m., Southampton Arts Center hosts “Brush Strokes for the Bays,” a marine-themed painting workshop to benefit Cornell Cooperative Extension’s marine program. More details are online here. [$50]
• The Southold Town Youth Bureau has announced they will be hosting a sports equipment swap on Saturday, Jan. 28 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Southold Town Recreation Center on Peconic Lane. The town is accepting gently used cleats, shoes, bats, protective gear, gloves, skates and other equipment. For more information, call 631.765.8251.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 8:34 a.m., 9 p.m.
Orient: 9:35 a.m., 10:01 p.m.
Greenport: 10:03 a.m., 10:29 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 9:58 a.m., 10:24 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 11:25 a.m., 11:51 p.m.
S. JPT: 11:32 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:51 a.m., 7:23 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 9:26 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
Orient: 10:27 a.m., 10:55 p.m.
Greenport: 10:55 a.m., 11:23 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 10:50 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 12:17 p.m.
S. JPT: 12:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:42 a.m., 8:17 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.