This Morning’s Bulletin — 7.3.19
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 85 and a calm wind becoming east around 5 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 65. It will be mostly sunny tomorrow, with a high near 83, and mostly sunny on Friday, with a high near 80.
• OLA of Eastern Long Island is sponsoring a forum this evening on “how to support our local immigrant community” at Sag Harbor’s Christ Episcopal Church at 5 Hampton Street at 7 p.m. According to OLA, “this event is for those ready to participate in making our community whole during these dark and damaging times.”
• Our Peconic Dish columnist, Alison Boyd-Savage, has some great easy summer recipes that are great for a backyard barbecue in store for us this month. Try them out online here.
• The Riverhead BID’s annual July 4th fireworks, in conjunction with the Alive on 25 street fair will run tonight from 5 to 9:30 p.m., with fireworks at 9 p.m. More details are online here.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton will screen Julian Schnabel’s new film, “At Eternity’s Gate,” about painter Vincent van Gogh’s self-imposed exile in Arles and Auvers-Sur-Oise, France, this evening at 7 p.m., in conjunction with Longhouse Reserve, which will be followed by a discussion with the director. Tickets are $25. More information is online here.
• Our events listings for this holiday week, and for the weeks ahead are online here.
The Morning Bulletin will return on Monday, July 7. Have a safe and happy holiday week.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:57 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:05 a.m., 10:21 p.m.
Greenport: 11:34 a.m., 11:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:37 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:29 a.m., 11:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:22 a.m., 12:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:29 a.m., 1:03 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:10 a.m., 10:21 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:19 a.m., 8:30 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:48 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:56 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
Greenport: 12:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:47 a.m., 1:26 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:12 a.m., 1:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:19 a.m., 1:54 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:02 a.m., 11:12 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:11 a.m., 9:21 p.m.
Our ongoing tide listings are online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.