This Morning’s Bulletin — 12.16.22
• We’re expecting rain today, mainly before 4 p.m., with a high temperature near 49 degrees and an east wind 21 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 48 mph. There’s a 40 percent chance of rain overnight, possibly mixing with snow after 1 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 33. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 43, and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 40.
• Texas-based saxophonist Stan Killian and his Quintet come to the Winter Jazz Series at the Parrish Art Museum, 279 Montauk Highway, Water Mill this evening at 6 p.m. More details are at parrishart.org.
• Studio 3’s “Mixed Nuts,” the dance school’s multidisciplinary dance take on the The Nutcracker comes to the Bay Street Theater in Sag Harbor Dec. 16 at 7 p.m., Dec. 17 at 11 a.m. and Dec. 18 at 1 p.m. More info is at baystreet.org.
• The Friends of the Long Pond Greenbelt hold their 1.5-mile Grassland to Grassland Hike beginning at the South Fork Natural History Museum, 377 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike tomorrow at 9 a.m. For more details, email email@example.com.
• The Southampton Arts Center hosts a closing reception for “A Celebration of Trees” tomorrow from 4 to 6 p.m., with tree music with Elizabeth LaPrelle and Brian Dolphin and a poetry reading. More details are at southamptonartscenter.org.
• Sunday night, Dec. 18, is the first night of Hanukkah, and community menorah lightings are being held in parks all across the East End. Here’s more info.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:48 a.m., 3:57 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:56 a.m., 3:05 p.m.
Greenport: 4:25 a.m., 4:34 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:49 a.m., 5:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:20 a.m., 4:29 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:47 a.m., 5:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:54 a.m., 6:03 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:29 a.m., 2:22 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:38 a.m., 12:31 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:39 a.m., 4:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:47 a.m., 4 p.m.
Greenport: 5:16 a.m., 5:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:40 a.m., 6:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:11 a.m., 5:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:38 a.m., 6:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:45 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:15 a.m., 3:13 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:24 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.