• We’re expecting scattered snow showers today, mainly after 3 p.m., with increasing clouds throughout the day and a high near 39. Wind chill values will be between 20 and 30, with a west wind 14 to 18 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 30 mph. We’re expecting more scattered snow showers this evening, mainly before 9 p.m., with skies clearing overnight and a low around 19. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 30, and Friday will be sunny, with a high near 34.
• Organizers said more than 700 people, including many East Enders, showed up for a rally to “Impeach and Remove” President Donald Trump at Congressman Lee Zeldin’s Patchogue office in the rain Tuesday evening, as part of a nationwide effort to rally for impeachment outside congressional district offices. Mr. Zeldin has been a staunch supporter of the president throughout the proceedings. The full U.S. House of Representatives is expected to vote on articles of impeachment this afternoon.
• Stony Brook Southampton Hospital is well on its way to constructing a new 242,000-square-foot hospital on the campus of Stony Brook Southampton College, with the selection this week of the firms Rafael Viñoly Architects and HKS Architects to design the new hospital. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Tomorrow evening is Guild Hall’s first Drink & Draw With Me…(Bri Ashe) at Town Line BBQ in Sagaponack. More details are online here.
• Ted Vigil brings his John Denver Christmas show to the Suffolk Theater in Riverhead tomorrow evening at 8 p.m. More details are online here.
• A consortium of civic and health care groups in Southampton is holding an alcohol-free New Year’s Eve Celebration, titled “Ring in the New Year With Perfect Vision 2020” at the Parrish Memorial Hall at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital on New Year’s Eve from 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Tickets are $25. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:17 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:25 a.m., 1:44 p.m.
Greenport: 2:54 a.m., 3:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:47 a.m., 4:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:49 a.m., 3:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:16 a.m., 4:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:23 a.m., 4:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:32 a.m., 1:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:50 a.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:21 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:29 a.m., 2:50 p.m.
Greenport: 3:58 a.m., 4:19 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:47 a.m., 5:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:53 a.m., 4:14 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:20 a.m., 5:41 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:27 a.m., 5:48 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:29 a.m., 2:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:38 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.