This Morning’s Bulletin — 11.15.18
• We’re expecting snow and sleet before 3 p.m. today, changing to rain, snow, and sleet, with a high near 40 degrees and wind chill values between 20 and 30, with winds becoming easterly 11 to 16 miles per hour. We’re expecting rain overnight, with the temperature rising to around 48 by 5 a.m. Friday. There’s a 40 percent chance of rain Friday, mainly before 9 a.m., with skies clearing throughout the day, as the temperature falls to around 43 degrees by 5 p.m. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 48.
• North Fork residents and elected officials were hopping mad at a workshop presented by the Federal Aviation Administration on the North Shore Helicopter Route at Riverhead Middle School last night, calling for a formal public hearing to be held. Our full story is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hear an update on its road paving program at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. The full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hear an update on their municipal garage and changes to the town code for downtown at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• Designers of the proposed Riverside Maritime Trail Park will present their plan for the park to the Southampton Town Board at a special work session this evening, Nov. 15 at 6 p.m., at the Crohan Community Center in Flanders.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hear public testimony at their 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening on the hamlet study for Springs. The town board is in the midst of conducting hearings on each of five hamlet studies, with the final one, on Montauk, slated for its Dec. 6 meeting. The hamlet study documents are online here.
• Community Action Southold Town and Clinton A.M.E. Zion Church have planned a hot Thanksgiving dinner for the community this coming Wednesday, Nov. 21 at the church from 5 to 7 p.m. All are welcome. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:28 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:36 a.m., 2:54 p.m.
Greenport: 4:05 a.m., 4:23 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:38 a.m., 4:57 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4 a.m., 4:18 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:27 a.m., 5:45 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:34 a.m., 5:52 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:18 a.m., 2:28 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:27 a.m., 12:37 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:28 a.m., 4:44 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:36 a.m., 3:52 p.m.
Greenport: 5:05 a.m., 5:21 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:32 a.m., 5:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5 a.m., 5:16 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:27 a.m., 6:43 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:34 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:08 a.m., 3:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:17 a.m., 1:28 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.