This Morning’s Bulletin — 9.6.17
• We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm today, with a high near 76 degrees and a south wind 5 to 10 miles per hour. Showers will continue overnight, with a low around 65. There’s a 50 percent chance of showers Thursday, mainly before noon, gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 74. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 73.
• Suffolk County Legislator Al Krupski will host a blood drive today from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Suffolk County Legislature’s Riverside offices in the County Center building at 300 Center Drive. A portion of the donated blood will go to Texas to assist victims of Hurricane Harvey. Walk-ins are welcome. To schedule an appointment, call Legislator Krupski’s office at 631.852.3200.
• The Ecological Culture Initiative will host an “Ask ECI Community Forum” this Thursday, Sep. 7 at 6 p.m. at the Quogue Library. Community members are invited to exchange ideas and information regarding agro-ecology, passive solar architecture, pollinator gardens, rainwater collection systems and other innovative ideas. More details are online here.
• For the third year, the Amagansett Free Library will host a series of free conversations on Saturdays and Sundays over three weekends in September focusing on the art, artists, and cultural institutions that are important to the East End. The program begins this Saturday, Sept. 9 at 6 p.m. with a talk with artist Dan Rizzie. More details are online here.
• The Group to Save Goldsmith’s Inlet’s annual clean-up of the inlet will be held this Saturday, Sept. 9, from 8 a.m. to noon. All are welcome to come help out. More details are online here.
• The annual Great East End CommUNITY picnic will be held this Saturday, Sept. 9 at Red Creek Park in Hampton Bays from 1 to 5 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follow:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:39 a.m., 10:53 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:47 a.m., 10:01 p.m.
Greenport: 11:16 a.m., 11:30 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:11 a.m., 11:25 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:13 a.m., 12:38 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:20 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:50 a.m., 8:06 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:18 a.m., 11:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:26 a.m., 10:42 p.m.
Greenport: 11:55 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:25 a.m., 12:47 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:50 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:52 a.m., 1:17 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:59 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:28 a.m., 8:46 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.