Crowds gathered in the spring showers Thursday afternoon for the opening day of the Hampton Bays Farmers Market, which continues every Thursday from 3 to 7 p.m. through Aug. 29 on Main Street in Hampton Bays across from the Hampton Bays Fire Department.
• Today will be sunny and breezy, with a northwest wind 20 to 23 miles per hour, gusting as high as 34 mph, with a high temperature near 73. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 49. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 67. Sunday will be partly sunny, with a high near 78.
• The grassroots group Drawdown East End, a member of Adult Allies Coalition of the youth led movement Earth Uprising, is inviting the public to join in a rally in support of a global climate strike on Friday, May 24 on the lawn of the Southampton Town Hall from noon until 1 p.m. All are invited to join in. More details are online here.
• The Sag Harbor Cinema Arts Center is celebrating Memorial Day weekend by re-installing and lighting the Sag Harbor Cinema sign on the facade of the new Cinema building on Saturday evening, May 25 at 8 p.m. All are welcome to celebrate the festivities. More details are online here.
• New York City fashion designer Alex Vinash will premiere his new Resort Collection at the Flower Power Runway Show benefiting Community Action Southold Town this Sunday, May 26, 2019 at 5:30pm. The event will take place at the Greenport American Legion, 102 3rd Street, Greenport, NY with an After-Party and Fashion Boutique at American Beech in Stirling Square in Greenport. Tickets range from $15 to $50. More details are online here.
• The North Fork Audubon Society holds its annual Native Plant Sale on Saturday and Sunday at the Red House at Inlet Pond County Park. More details are online here.
• Our listings of Memorial Day parades, events and services throughout the East End this weekend is online here, and our ongoing Events Calendar, chock full of goings-on on both forks this weekend and in upcoming weeks, is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:26 a.m., 3:06 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:34 a.m., 2:14 p.m.
Greenport: 3:03 a.m., 3:43 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:50 a.m., 4:27 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:58 a.m., 3:38 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:25 a.., 5:05 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:32 a.m., 5:12 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:34 a.m., 2:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:23 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:21 a.m., 4:03 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:29 a.m., 3:11 p.m.
Greenport: 3:58 a.m., 4:40 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:41 a.m., 5:19 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:53 a.m., 4:35 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:20 a.m., 6:02 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:27 a.m., 6:09 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:22 a.m., 3:03 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:31 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.