This Morning’s Bulletin — 12.21.18
• We’re under multiple National Weather Service advisories this morning due to the ongoing storm, including a wind advisory through 6 p.m. and a flood watch due to heavy rains through tomorrow morning at 1 a.m. We are also under a coastal flood warning until 11 a.m., with 2 to 3 foot tidal departures and flooding of coastal areas expected with this morning’s high tide cycle. We’re expecting 1.25 to 2.5 inches of rain before this storm passes through overnight, with high temperatures in the high 50s. Skies will clear Saturday, with a westerly breeze and temperatures falling to the low 40s by late afternoon. Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 42.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:12 a.m., 8:37 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:20 a.m., 7:45 p.m.
Greenport: 8:49 a.m., 9:14 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:41 a.m., 10:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:44 a.m., 9:09 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:11 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:18 a.m., 10:43 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:20 a.m., 7:50 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:29 a.m., 5:59 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:56 a.m., 9:24 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:04 a.m., 8:32 p.m.
Greenport: 9:33 a.m., 10:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:29 a.m., 11:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:28 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:55 a.m., 11:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:02 a.m., 11:30 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:07 a.m., 8:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:16 a.m., 6:49 p.m.
This weekend is full of events, holiday and otherwise, throughout the East End. The details are in our Events Calendar. Here are some highlights:
• Falconer Chris Paparo and his hawk Emmy will give a presentation on their work at the South Fork Natural History Museum in Bridgehampton tomorrow morning at 10:30 a.m.
• SoFo also plays host tomorrow night to a full moon hike in the Long Pond Greenbelt from 6 to 7 p.m. The Group for the East End will also hold a full moon hike tomorrow evening from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at Downs Farm Preserve in Cutchogue.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton will host a last minute Holiday Bazaar tomorrow from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., with gifts available from Guild Hall and numerous local artisans.
• Speaking of gifts, the Beacon’s Holiday Subscription Sale is in full force — subscribe here to our print edition for half price throughout the month of December.
• Two authors of books for children and families — Joyce Brian, author of “The Orange Family: A Children’s Story of Art & Love” and Allan Zola Kronzek, author of “Grandpa Magic” will read at the Romany Kramoris Gallery in Sag Harbor on Sunday beginning at 1 p.m.
• The Morning Bulletin will be taking next week off to regroup after the holidays. We’ll be updating our website with breaking news, and will return in the new year. Have a safe and happy holiday!
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.