• Snowfall figures from last night are spotty, as is the actual accumulation. The National Weather Service office in Upton reported .8 inches, Islip Airport reported .6 inches, and an observer in West Babylon posted on social media that they’d received 2.3 inches of snow. A dusting of schools throughout the region have a two-hour delayed start, including Riverhead and Montauk, while the Amagansett School will open at 10 a.m.
• Today will be partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 40 and wind chill values between 20 and 30. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 28. Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 43 and Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
• For 12 years now, the Hamptons Doc Fest, long held at Sag Harbor’s Bay Street Theatre, has featured the very best in documentary filmmaking, so it’s only fitting that this year the festival is honoring a Sag Harbor legend: Documentary filmmaker D.A. Pennebaker, who died this summer at the age of 94. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Southold Town Board holds a work session this morning at 9 a.m. and a regular meeting this evening at 7 p.m., at which they’re slated to hold public hearings on designating the Plum Island ferry property in Orient a “Marine III” zoning district, requiring that it be used as a ferry terminal, and on designating the Diane Smith house on the Main Road in Cutchogue as a historic landmark.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss septic upgrade recommendations and suggestions for hiking trails at Neck Path at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. The full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets this afternoon at 2 p.m. No public hearings are scheduled. The agenda for the meeting is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:41 a.m., 3:01 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:49 a.m., 2:09 p.m.
Greenport: 3:18 a.m., 3:38 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:02 a.m., 4:22 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:13 a.m., 3:33 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:40 a.m., 5 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:47 a.m., 5:07 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:47 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:07 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:41 a.m., 4 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:49 a.m., 3:08 p.m.
Greenport: 4:18 a.m., 4:37 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:56 a.m., 5:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:13 a.m., 4:32 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:40 a.m., 5:59 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:47 a.m., 6:06 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:37 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:46 a.m., 12:56 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.