This Morning’s Bulletin — 9.2.19
• We’re expecting rain throughout the day today, with the temperature falling to around 37 by 5 p.m. and wind chill values between 25 and 35. The wind will be out of the north at 22 to 24 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 34. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch are possible. Rain will continue through the evening, turning to snow overnight and into Tuesday, with 1 to 2 inches of snow expected. Skies will gradually clear Tuesday, with a high near 39. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 43.
• New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has signed new legislation sponsored by South Fork State Assemblyman Fred Thiele allowing the use of Transfers of Development Rights (TDR) for properties vulnerable to climate change. More details are online here.
• This week, our columnist Dave Davis reminds us of the importance of teaching youth to pay it forward through the holiday season.
• Cyber Monday is not just for sales from big retailers. East End Arts is getting into the act this week with a full catalogue of its Holiday Shoppe wares from local artists and artisans available to buy online here.
• Community Action Southold Town’s annual Coat Drive is on through Dec. 9. Details are online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:43 a.m., 2:02 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:51 a.m., 1:10 p.m.
Greenport: 2:20 a.m., 2:39 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:09 a.m., 3:26 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:15 a.m., 2:34 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:42 a.m., 4:01 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:49 a.m., 4:08 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:56 a.m., 1:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:17 a.m., 11:56 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:41 a.m., 3:01 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:49 a.m., 2:09 p.m.
Greenport: 3:18 a.m., 3:38 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:02 a.m., 4:22 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:13 a.m., 3:33 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:40 a.m., 5 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:47 a.m., 5:07 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:47 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:07 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.