• We’re looking at mostly cloudy skies today, with a chance of sprinkles after 10 a.m., light and variable winds and a high near 49 degrees. We’re expecting an 80 percent chance of rain tonight between 10 p.m. and 3 a.m., with a low around 40 degrees under cloudy skies. New Year’s Eve will be mostly sunny, with a high near 49 degrees and New Year’s Day is expected to be mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
• The North Fork Environmental Council is looking for new leaders, after several years of dwindling board membership, as President Bill Toedter prepares to step down. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The East Hampton Trails Preservation Society hosts their ever-popular Seal Haul-Out Hike in Montauk this morning at 10 a.m. Attendees will meet at Camp Hero Road in Montauk, a right turn off Rt. 27 about 1 mile east of Deep Hollow Ranch. More information is online here. [Free]
• For hardier souls, Rick Whalen of EHTPS is organizing an eight-mile hike of Hither Woods to celebrate the new year on Saturday, Jan. 2 at 10 a.m. Spectacular water views are a given; but dress for the weather! More information is online here. [Free]
• The Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill offers a guided tour of their permanent collection this afternoon, and every Wednesday and Sunday, at 2 p.m. More information is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.