• We’re expecting increasing clouds today, with a high temperature near 49 degrees and a south wind 3 to 8 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with the temperature rising to around 44 by 4 a.m. and a southeast wind 3 to 7 miles per hour. We’re expecting rain on Tuesday, mainly after 1 p.m., with a high near 58, and rain on Wednesday, with the high also near 58 degrees.
• The Greenport Village Board adopted an administrative moratorium on development in three key business districts at a special meeting Friday night, to take effect immediately in anticipation of a public hearing on a six-month moratorium on Dec. 22. Read More.
• The Internal Revenue Service announced Friday that it will no longer count grants and rebates homeowners receive from Suffolk County and East End towns for new innovative septic systems as taxable income, paving the way for greater public participation in the program, which to date has wreaked havoc on household income taxes for people who take advantage of the program. Read More.
• The Southold Town Planning Board will hold a public hearing this evening at 6 p.m. at Town Hall on a proposed new battery energy storage facility on a farm field in Cutchogue. Here’s the agenda.
• Peconic Community School founders gave an overview last week of their plans to revitalize the former Our Lady of Mercy School at the Cutchogue Civic Association’s inaugural meeting. Read More.
• Suffolk County reported an average of 595 new cases of Covid-19 per day for the week ending Dec. 4, up 83 percent from the pervious week, according to data collected from state and local health agencies compiled by The New York Times. An average of 12 percent of people tested were positive for the virus, an 20 percent increase. There were an average of 258 people hospitalized per day, an 8 percent increase, and an average of two deaths per day, unchanged from the prior week.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:28 a.m., 7:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:36 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
Greenport: 8:05 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:59 a.m., 9:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8 a.m., 8:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:27 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:34 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:41 a.m., 7 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:50 a.m., 5:09 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:09 a.m., 8:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:17 a.m., 7:40 p.m.
Greenport: 8:46 a.m., 9:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:43 a.m., 10:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:41 a.m., 9:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:08 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:15 a.m., 10:38 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:25 a.m., 7:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:34 a.m., 5:55 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.