• There’s a 30 percent chance of rain today, mainly after 3 p.m., with increasing clouds throughout the day and a high near 46, with a southwest wind 9 to 15 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of rain before 9 p.m. this evening, with skies gradually clearing and a low around 26. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 37, and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 45.
• Stony Brook Southampton College hosts a Peconic Bay Scallop symposium this evening at 7:30 p.m., part of the School of Atmospheric and Marine Sciences’ lecture series, in light of the dramatic scallop die-off this past summer. More details are online here. The symposium will be preceded by the annual campus Windmill Lighting at 6:30 p.m.
• Holiday light-ups continue throughout the weekend, with parades in East Hampton, Sag Harbor and Greenport on Saturday, along with the Cutchogue-New Suffolk Historical Council’s annual light-up on the Village Green. We’ve got all the details online here.
• Greenport is the place to be this weekend. In addition to the village’s monthly First Fridays Gallery walk Friday evening, VSOP Projects hosts a big gallery show and benefit for the North Fork Environmental Council and WPPB, with a performance at the preview by the Hidden City Orchestra. And on Saturday and Sunday, the village Shellabrates local shellfish.
• Details on goings-on throughout the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead, are in our Events Calendar.
• Looking for a hearty meal to get you through your busy holiday weekend? The Peconic Dish has a treat in store this week: Pasta al Forno with Fall Greens, Sausage & Chick Peas.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:32 a.m., 5:49 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:40 a.m., 4:57 p.m.
Greenport: 6:09 a.m., 6:26 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:41 a.m., 7:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:04 a.m., 6:21 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:31 a.m., 7:48 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:38 a.m., 7:55 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:17 a.m., 4:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:26 a.m., 2:39 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:19 a.m., 6:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:27 a.m., 5:43 p.m.
Greenport: 6:56 a.m., 7:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:29 a.m., 7:57 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:51 a.m., 7:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:18 a.m., 8:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:25 a.m., 8:41 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:07 a.m., 5:23 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:16 a.m., 3:32 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.