This Morning’s Bulletin — 12.7.21
• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 42 degrees but wind chill values between 25 and 35, with a west wind 10 to 15 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of snow overnight, with increasing clouds and a low around 29. Snow is likely Wednesday, with a high near 38, a light east wind becoming north 5 to 10 miles per hour and new snow accumulations of 1 to 2 inches possible.
• The Riverhead Fire Department at 540 Roanoke Avenue in Riverhead hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive today from 1 to 7 p.m. Appointments are recommended and can be made online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss emergency communications, stormwater abatement on South Lake Drive in Montauk and the Boys and Girls Harbor Pavilion at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will hear a presentation from its Community Housing Board on the state’s new Community Housing Fund plan at its 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Here’s the link for the agenda and livestream.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold public hearings on several new developments, including a site plan for a large mixed-use building at 205 Osborn Avenue (next door to the library, a special permit application for the Riverhead Charter School to use the old Northville Schoolhouse on Sound Avenue and an application for a drive-in restaurant on a vacant property on Route 58 just west of Osborn Avenue at its 2 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Here’s the agenda.
• Suffolk County reported 499 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, Dc. 5, with 6.2 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 201 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 35 of them in ICU. The county reported three new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,701 people since March of 2020.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:52 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11 a.m., 11:32 p.m.
Greenport: 12:03 a.m., 12:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:04 a.m., 1:23 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:25 a.m., 1:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:32 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:06 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:15 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:24 a.m., 12:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:58 a.m.
Greenport: 1:01 a.m., 1:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2 a.m., 2:21 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:56 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:23 a.m., 2:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:30 a.m., 2:56 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:15 a.m., 10:54 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.