• There’s a 20 percent chance of showers today, mostly before 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies, a high near 61 degrees and a south wind 11 to 17 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 32 mph. We’re expecting showers this evening, with an overnight low around 34. Tuesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 42. Snow is likely on Wednesday, with a high near 38 degrees and accumulation of less than one inch possible.
• On Wednesday, Dec 8 at 6:30 p.m., the North Fork Environmental will hold a Zoom discussion with participants in a new Long Island Sound water testing program. Read More.
• The Hamptons Doc Fest continues all week in Sag Harbor, and will include a free day of screenings sponsored by Saunders and Associates on the final day, Friday, Dec. 10 and a virtual program from Dec. 11 through 18. Here are more details.
• Stony Brook Southampton Hospital’s Edie Windsor Healthcare Center, which specializes in providing outpatient medical and mental health care to those identifying as LGBTQ+ or questioning, and to people living with HIV, will hold two information sessions about on Thursday and Friday of this week. Here are more details.
• Suffolk County reported 830 new cases of Covid-19 on Friday, Dc. 3, with 6 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 195 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 33 of them in ICU. The county reported two new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,697 people since March of 2020.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:55 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:03 a.m., 10:34 p.m.
Greenport: 11:32 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:10 a.m., 12:27 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:27 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:28 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:35 a.m., 1:01 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:09 a.m., 10:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:18 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:52 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11 a.m., 11:32 p.m.
Greenport: 12:03 a.m., 12:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:04 a.m., 1:23 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:25 a.m., 1:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:32 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:06 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:15 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.