• We’re expecting increasing clouds throughout the day today, with a high near 75 degrees and a south wind 6 to 11 miles per hour. There’s a 60 percent chance of showers overnight, with a low around 71 degrees. Showers and thunderstorms are likely Thursday, mainly before 2 p.m., with a high near 79 degrees. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 84.
•Perry Gershon, a real estate investor from East Hampton, has won the Democratic primary to run against Lee Zeldin for Congress this fall. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Suffolk County Vector Control plans to spray the following East End salt marshes with mosquito larvicides Methoprene and Bti by 8 p.m. this evening: Napeague and Beach Hampton in East Hampton Town. For more details, call 631.852.4270.
• Gene Casey and The Lone Sharks kick off another summer of free concert series in parks across the East End this evening, with a concert at 7:30 p.m. at Silversmith Corner in Southold. More details are online here, and our growing list of summer concerts is online here.
• Southold Town will host a meeting with the U.S. Army Corp. of Engineers to discuss possible short-term and long-term projects at Goldsmith’s Inlet tomorrow, Thursday, June 28 at 9 a.m. in the Southold Town Meeting Hall, 53095 Main Road, Southold, New York.
• Southampton Town, Sag Harbor and North Haven Villages and the Sag Harbor Express are sponsoring a Renewable Energy Fair this Saturday, June 30 at Long Beach in Sag Harbor from 4 to 6 p.m. All are welcome to attend to learn about electric and hybrid vehicles, home alternative energy programs, the South Fork Wind Farm and septic system replacement programs.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:07 a.m., 10:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:15 a.m., 9:28 p.m.
Greenport: 10:44 a.m., 10:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:46 a.m., 11:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:39 a.m., 10:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:13 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:25 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:51 a.m., 11:04 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:59 a.m., 10:12 p.m.
Greenport: 11:28 a.m., 11:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:27 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:23 a.m., 11:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:19 a.m., 12:50 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:26 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:08 a.m., 8:21 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.