• Today will be sunny, with a high near 50 degrees and an east wind 6 to 10 miles per hour, becoming south in the afternoon. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 42. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 56 degrees and a southwest wind 10 to 14 miles per hour, becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
• Today is Giving Tuesday, and if you subscribe to any email newsletters from local non-profits, you’re probably getting a lot of messages asking you to donate. Two of our favorites: Concerned Citizens of Montauk has a match of up to $20,000 for their work protecting Montauk’s environment and the North Fork Environmental Council has been a mighty little force for Saving What’s Left on the North Fork.
• In an echo of an October Southampton Town Code Enforcement sweep in Hampton Bays, Southampton announced yesterday that, on Nov. 17, code enforcement officers, fire marshals and animal control officers investigated 80 properties in the Flanders/Riverside communities, issued 24 notices of violation and 4 summonses for a broad range of violations including rental permit violations, property maintenance issues and illegal uses of residential properties.
• On a related note, the Big Duck gets lit up for the holidays tomorrow at 7 p.m. Get there early, and get a legal parking space.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will hear a presentation from auditors AZV at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon.
• All other town boards are taking a bye week.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:12 a.m., 5:24 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:20 a.m., 4:32 p.m.
Greenport: 5:49 a.m., 6:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:15 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:44 a.m., 5:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:11 a.m., 7:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:18 a.m., 7:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:53 a.m., 2:09 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:57 a.m., 6:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:05 a.m., 5:20 p.m.
Greenport: 6:34 a.m., 6:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:07 a.m., 7:35 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:29 a.m., 6:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:56 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:03 a.m., 8:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:47 a.m., 3:08 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.