• We’re expecting scattered flurries after 9 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 40 but wind chill values between 15 and 25, with a northwest wind 14 to 22 miles per hour, gusting as high as 32 miles per hour. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 16. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 37. There’s a 30 percent chance of rain after 3 p.m. Sunday, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.
• East Hampton Town will host a Suffolk County forum on newly approved alternative wastewater treatment systems this afternoon at 3 p.m. at town hall. More details are online here.
• Riverhead’s Vail-Leavitt Music Hall will be the scene in the summer of 2017 for a series of new, experimental theatrical projects, when the brand new East End Fringe Fest comes to town. Read The Beacon’s full story online here.
• The Hampton Theatre Company in Quogue and the North Fork Community Theatre in Mattituck both have joyous holiday theater planned for this weekend. More details are online here.
This upcoming weekend, December 10 and 11, 2016, there will be a Southold Town-coordinated beach grass planting. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the North Fork Environmental Council office at 631.298.8880. More details are on our sister site, The Peconic Bathtub, online here.
• Looking ahead to next week, the Flanders, Riverside & Northampton Community Association is joining up with Riverside Rediscovered for a joint year end party & celebration in lieu of a formal meeting next Monday, Dec. 12 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the David W. Crohan Community Center on Flanders Road. They’re asking that prospective attendees RSVP here so they have a head count for food.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend and in the weeks ahead. Check in with The Beacon’s Events Calendar, online here, for more details on upcoming events throughout both forks.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 4:22 a.m., 4:41 p.m.
Orient: 5:23 a.m., 5:42 p.m.
Greenport: 5:51 a.m., 6:10 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 5:46 a.m., 6:05 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 7:13 a.m., 7:32 p.m.
S. JPT: 7:20 a.m., 7:39 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:12 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 5:14 a.m., 5:35 p.m.
Orient: 6:15 a.m., 6:36 p.m.
Greenport: 6:43 a.m., 7:04 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 6:38 a.m., 6:59 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 8:05 a.m., 8:26 p.m.
S. JPT: 8:12 a.m., 8:33 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:13 a.m., 3:40 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.