• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 45 degrees and a north wind 9 to 11 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 28. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 43, and Sunday will be cloudy, with a 30 percent chance of rain after 1 p.m. and a high near 44.
• The Bridgehampton Fire Department at 64 School Street in Bridgehampton hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive this afternoon and evening from 2 to 8 p.m. Appointments are recommended and can be made online here.
• Beacon columnist Dave Davis, who recently lost his father, reflects in this month’s Dave’s Desk@Ditch on the ways in which his father shaped the man he has become. Read More.
• Composer, improviser and new instrument maker Eli Berman and choreographer Netta Yerushalmy open up their studios this evening for In Process at The Watermill Center, 39 Watermill Towd Road, Water Mill from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Admission is free. Register online here.
• The Cutchogue Fire Department hosts a free children’s magic show and Santa’s annual arrival by helicopter tomorrow morning, with festivities beginning at 9:30 a.m. Here’s more info.
• The Oysterponds Historical Society’s Old Point Schoolhouse at 1555 Village Lane in Orient holds ints annual Winter Holiday Celebration outdoors on Saturday from 4 to 7 p.m. There will be caroling, cider, cookies, ornament decoration and tree and menorah lightings. Admission is free, and more details are at oysterpondshistoricalsociety.org.
• Riverhead’s annual holiday parade and bonfire will also be held tomorrow, with the parade on Main Street at 3 p.m. and the bonfire beginning on the riverfront behind downtown at 4 p.m. Here’s more info.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:14 a.m., 10:44 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:22 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
Greenport: 10:51 a.m., 11:21 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:45 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:46 a.m., 11:16 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:04 a.m., 12:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:20 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:29 a.m., 8:03 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11 a.m., 11:30 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:08 a.m., 10:38 p.m.
Greenport: 11:37 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:19 a.m., 12:25 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:32 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:43 a.m., 12:59 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:50 a.m., 1:06 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:58 a.m., 10:38 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:07 a.m., 8:47 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.