• Today will be sunny, with a high near 68 degrees and a north wind 6 to 11 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 53. There’s a slight chance of showers before 2 p.m. and after 5 p.m. Thursday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 66. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 72.
• The Southold Fire Department will host a blood drive this afternoon and evening from 2:15 to 8:15 p.m. Blood supplies in the area are dangerously low, and the department is asking the community to step up and help out.
• The grassroots group Drawdown East End, a member of Adult Allies Coalition of the youth led movement Earth Uprising, is inviting the public to join in a rally in support of a global climate strike on Friday, May 24 on the lawn of the Southampton Town Hall from noon until 1 p.m. More details are online here.
• The New Suffolk Civic Association’s annual Memorial Day Weekend community yard sale on the ballfield will be held this Saturday, May 25 from 8 a.m. to noon. It’s not too late to register for a space at the yard sale. More details are online here.
• The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the South Fork is hosting a multi-faith Iftar, the meal that breaks the daily fast during the holy month of Ramadan, this Sunday at 7 p.m. All are welcome, and more details are online here.
• The Hamptons League of Women Voters is planning an “Arts-Centric Tour of Springs” for Thursday, May 30, 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:45 a.m., 1:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:28 p.m.
Greenport: 1:22 a.m., 1:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:14 a.m., 2:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:17 a.m., 1:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:44 a.m., 3:19 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:51 a.m., 3:26 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:32 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:41 a.m., 10:53 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:35 a.m., 2:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:43 a.m., 1:20 p.m.
Greenport: 2:12 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:01 a.m., 3:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:07 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:34 a.m., 4:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:41 a.m., 4:18 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:44 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:33 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.