This Morning’s Bulletin — 3.11.22
• We’re expecting mostly sunny skies today, with a high near 47 and a calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 miles per hour in the afternoon. Rain is likely overnight, mainly after 2 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 39. We’re expecting rain on Saturday, mainly before 4 p.m., with the temperature rising to near 50 by 10 a.m., then falling to around 40 during the remainder of the day. Sunday will be mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 37.
• St. Patrick’s Day parades scheduled for this weekend in Cutchogue and Westhampton Beach have both been rescheduled due to the rain in Saturday’s forecast. The Cutchogue parade steps off on the Main Road in Cutchogue at 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 13, while the Westhampton Beach parade has been moved to April 2.
• The East Marion Community Association hosts a talk by bee rancher Laura Klahre on “Power to the Pollinators: Maximizing Your Garden’s Yield” tomorrow morning, March 12 at 10 a.m. at the East Marion firehouse. Attendees can participate in person or via Zoom. Here’s more info.
• Suffolk County reported 145 new cases of Covid-19 on Wednesday, March 9, with 1.7 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 74 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 12 of them in ICU. The county reported two new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 4,351 people since March of 2020.
• Tonight at 7 p.m., The Hamptons Observatory and the South Fork Natural History Museum will present a Virtual Lecture: “NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope: A New Era in Astronomy” by William Francis Taylor. Register online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:35 a.m., 5:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:43 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
Greenport: 5:12 a.m., 5:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:37 a.m., 6:21 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:07 a.m., 5:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:34 a.m., 7:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:41 a.m., 7:13 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:01 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:10 a.m., 1:55 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:38 a.m., 6:05 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:46 a.m., 5:13 p.m.
Greenport: 6:15 a.m., 6:42 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:38 a.m., 7:19 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:10 a.m., 6:37 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:37 a.m., 8:04 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:44 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:59 a.m., 4:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:08 a.m., 2:56 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.