This Morning’s Bulletin — 3.10.22
• We’re expecting partly sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 45 degrees and a calm wind becoming north around 6 miles per hour in the morning. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 30 and a south wind around 5 miles per hour, becoming light and variable in the evening. Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 50. We’re expecting rain on Saturday, mainly after 8 a.m., with a high near 53.
• The three Democratic candidates for the First Congressional District seat currently held by Lee Zeldin, South Fork Suffolk County Legislator Bridget Fleming, Suffolk County Legislator Kara Hahn of Setauket and former Babylon Town Councilwoman Jackie Gordon, faced off in their first public debate sponsored by the Brookhaven and Southampton Town Democratic Parties on Feb. 24. Read Our Coverage.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the site plan for a mixed use building proposed across from the Riverhead Long Island Rail Road station, along with proposed changes to the town’s beach sticker program at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s more info, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Southampton Town Board is slated to hold a work session this morning at 10 a.m. The agenda will be posted here and the meeting should be live here.
• The Southampton Historical Museum will hold an online conversation this morning at 11 a.m., as part of its 20th Century Influencers series, on pop art groundbreaker Roy Lichtenstein, who began working in a carriage house on Gin Lane in Southampton in 1970. Here’s how to register.
• The Cutchogue St. Patrick’s Day Parade, down the Main Road in Cutchogue, has been rescheduled to Sunday, March 13 at 2 p.m. due to rain in the forecast on Saturday.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:27 a.m., 4:02 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:35 a.m., 3:10 p.m.
Greenport: 4:04 a.m., 4:39 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:37 a.m., 5:21 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:59 a.m., 4:34 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:26 a.m., 6:01 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:33 a.m., 6:08 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:10 a.m., 2:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:19 a.m., 12:58 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:35 a.m., 5:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:43 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
Greenport: 5:12 a.m., 5:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:37 a.m., 6:21 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:07 a.m., 5:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:34 a.m., 7:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:41 a.m., 7:13 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:01 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:10 a.m., 1:55 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.